We are looking to recruit a content manager/online writer for TheGreenAge (energy saving portal) and TheEcoStore (online shop). We are looking for someone enthusiastic, focused and creative with an understanding of our core business, and who has a passion for new green technology and the environment.
The main responsibility of this role would be to write content comprising of blogs, industry pieces and product listings across TheGreenAge and TheEcoStore websites.
In time, this individual would be expected to take on more managerial and content creation responsibilities – conducting research into the latest industry trends; seeking input from various commercial and non-profit organisations in this space. The individual would also take responsibility for the rest of the content team in time, as the organisation develops and grows.
Other ad hoc tasks: proof reading documentation such as company newsletters, product information pages, company profile documents, company presentations, case studies etc. Update company website content on TheGreenAge and TheEcoStore websites.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for creative writing, and is willing to learn about the industry on the job. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop new skills, by speaking to customers, readers and various bodies on top of all the content creation responsibilities.
Are you the right person for the job, or do you know someone who might be? Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are looking for a confident individual who is:
- Hard working
- Works well as part of a team
- Able to deliver consistently to a high level of accuracy
- Reliable and committed
This role would suit someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in creative writing;
- Degree in English/Geography-related subject;
- Has an interest in current affairs, green technology and/or environmental sustainability;
- Is comfortable using various Social Media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Hootsuite/Buffer etc);
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Is able to prioritise and write to deadlines;
- Is comfortable to get on with the tasks at hand, can conduct independent research and formulate original content ideas.
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress.
- Experience with newsletter programs, such as MailChimp.
- Experience with photo editing software, such as Photoshop/GIMP.
Working Week: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Chessington (KT9 1DQ)
Required education: Degree level. English/Environmental Science/Geography graduates preferred.