The Green Room: What happens when you put two sustainability experts in a room and ask them…. well, whatever you want? We put your questions to James and Nick, from solar panels and boiler efficiency to wind turbines and external wall insulation. Check the description to jump to the questions you’d like to hear answered.
- What is the difference between solar PV and thermal? 1:40
- How do I know if I have a cavity wall and whether or not it’s insulated? 3:20
- How can I find out my boiler’s efficiency level? 5:15
- Are free solar panels a good idea? 8:18
- Is external wall insulation dangerous? 9:52
- It is cheaper to keep my heating on all the time? 12:48
- Should I replace my conventional boiler with a combi? 15:45
- What is the difference between a vented and unvented cylinder system? 17:17
- Should I get a wind turbine on my property? 18:15
- Who should I contact to get gas connected to my property? 19:28
- How do thermostatic radiator valves work? 22:01
- Where can I get a new back boiler? 24:22
- Can I get an air source heat pump for free? 25:40
- What is the cheapest kind of insulation for lofts? 28:08
Introduction to Solar PV
Introduction to Solar Thermal
Cavity Wall Insulation
How Efficient is my Boiler?
External Solid Wall Insulation
Is it cheaper to leave your heating on all the time or turn it on and off?
Should I replace my conventional boiler with a combi?
Megaflo unvented hot water systems
Introduction To Wind Turbines
Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs)
Where Can I Replace my Back Boiler?
An introduction to loft insulation